Grow Your Dental Practice
The field of dentistry is booming. For perhaps the first time, terms such as “glamorous” and “luxury” are being used to describe practices and procedures across the country. But with this shift comes changes in business models. If it’s been a while since you’ve given serious thought to how you can help your dental practice grow, let this serve as a reminder that now is the time!
How Teeth Whitening Increases Return Dentist Visits
How Can I Make My Dental Practice Grow?
You already know the competition in the industry is fierce, and perhaps you’ve experienced this first-hand. The modern dental practice needs to implement the right kind of change to make an impact and expand its clientele. Luckily, there are proven tactics to help elicit positive growth, and many can be implemented starting today.
10 Ways to Grow Your Dental Practice
- Teeth Whitening Increases Return Dentist Visits- Teeth whitening is the easiest and most profitable “gateway” treatment, leading to greater patient satisfaction and more return visits. Why? Because everyone wants a whiter smile! You may already offer professional whitening services, but if you’re not advertising them properly, you’re missing out on some serious revenue. We recommend implementing Motivational Shade Taking into every routine visit. When discussed during an appointment, a shade comparison allows for open dialogue and helps build patient confidence in the procedure. Additional benefits include:
- A better patient experience by helping to set expectations.
- Allowing patients to discover their full smile potential, increasing compliance and satisfaction.
- Make the Patient Experience Easier- Today’s most successful practices are all about enhancing the patient experience. While many people may be hesitant before dental visits, there’s a lot you can do to comfort even the most anxious patients. To calm nerves, consider unique ways to make the appointment as comfortable (and convenient) as possible. Some suggestions might be to:
- Offer blankets, play music, or dim the lights to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Add artwork or inspirational pictures to exam rooms.
- Provide virtual smart glasses for wearable entertainment.
Patients will see these small changes as a bonus to a regular dental check-up, not to mention it will set your practice apart from others.
Have Friendly Staff- Who doesn’t love a compliment when visiting the dentist? Recognizing something positive about the individual sitting in your chair or commenting on their commitment to oral health is a great way to kick off the appointment. Next, review any pertinent health information and ask for changes that may have occurred since their last visit. Will their GLO treatment be in addition to any other cosmetic dental treatments? All of this can be used to meet the individual and unique needs of the patient.
Survey Dental Patients for Satisfaction- A survey is an excellent tool for assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your practice. Asking for feedback shows patients you value their input and business. It also allows you the advantage of gaining valuable insight into what patients are thinking, how they feel about the services you offer, and why you’re gaining or losing business. While it can be hard not to take criticism to heart, it’s invaluable in bettering your practice. Address concerns head-on to let patients know you care about their opinions and value their business.
Implement A Reminder System to Decrease No Shows- Encourage patients to schedule (and keep) check-ups and create healthy habits at home. Incentivize office visits and make your practice somewhere they want to be. A friendly environment with updated amenities is just the boost needed to take dental visits from being dreaded to a dream.
Increase Return Dental Patient Visits by Offering More Elective Procedures- Offer products you endorse personally and have proven results. With a world of information available at their fingertips, it’s easy for them to find oral care items online, but they’re coming to you as the expert for what truly works.
Invest In SEO Marketing- A strategic business model is your best asset, and online searches are one of the easiest (and inexpensive) ways to spread the word about your practice. That’s why SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is so important. This means improving your visibility and ranking in Google, Yahoo, and other popular search engines. It’s a sure way to increase revenue as you attract new patients.
Create A Process Reminding Patients to Submit Reviews Online- Let’s face it. People are more likely to write a review of a negative experience instead of a positive one. But encouraging patients to leave a positive review is a necessity for growing your practice. With 91% of consumers reading online reviews before choosing a business, you’ll want to develop a quick and easy process to ensure compliance. Aside from Google, there are lots of dental review sites worth exploring to find the best fit for your practice.
Offer Dental Patients Financing Options- Everyone deserves the right to quality dental care, but unfortunately, not everyone can afford it. Offering financing options in your office widens your network to those who can pay for these needs over time. It also eases the burden on your staff and creates a more inclusive business. Be sure the company you choose to work with makes the process seamless for patients. The last thing you want is to complicate something meant to help make life easier.
- Create Google Maps Listing for Your Dental Practice- Google Maps is a leading search engine and top advertising strategy to expand your reach. Here, people searching for local dentists can find details about your business, leave a review, and even schedule an appointment. And with up to 80% of consumers utilizing tools like Google Maps to help in their decision-making process, you’d be selling yourself short not setting up an account.
Frequently Asked Questions About Growing Your Dental Practice
How do you manage a dental practice? Managing a successful dental practice certainly comes with its challenges, but that doesn’t mean it's not possible to run a well-organized, profitable office. A few things we suggest keeping in mind to grow your business are:
- Create a welcoming environment. Take the fear out of dentistry and focus on promoting patient education, overall oral health and wellness, and a sense of community.
- Stay on top of technology. Today’s consumers love convenience, so the easier it is for them to book appointments and pay for services, the more likely they will be to choose your practice.
- Offer a wide variety of services. Sure, cleanings and fillings are necessary, but increasing your scope to include professional whitening and other cosmetic services makes you a one-stop destination for all things oral health.
Are dental practices profitable? They certainly can be! The greatest hurdle dentists face when running a business is overhead. The cost of equipment and staffing can easily put you in the red if you don’t choose wisely. Dental practices that want to be as profitable as possible should develop a clear marketing strategy and business plan. Decide what you want to gain and the means it will take to get there.
What makes a good dental clinic? A great dentist and dental team are the backbones of any good clinic, but there are other features potential patients want. These include:
- A friendly office environment
- Modern technology
- Excellent online reviews
- Flexible payment options
What does your office say about your services when someone walks through the door? Consider the vantage point from a new patient’s perspective and make the necessary changes to make your best impression.
How do you build a strong dental team? A top-notch dental team is your number one asset for success. Equip them with the right tools (ongoing education, excellent health benefits, competitive pay) plus provide reasons they should be vested and committed to your business (positive morale, bonus incentives, work-life balance). Prioritizing your staff’s happiness pays huge dividends in the long run.
How can I improve my dental clinic business? Authenticity is key to separating yourself from competitors and bettering your practice. Connect with patients through social media, newsletters, and text reminders. Ask for honest feedback after each appointment. Invest in community outreach and events. Extend your business outside the office to show patients your commitment in the areas you service.
How do clinics attract patients? Encourage patients to schedule (and keep) check-ups and create healthy habits at home. Incentivize office visits and make your practice a place they want to be. A friendly environment with updated amenities is just the boost needed to take dental visits from being dreaded to a dream.
Here at GLO Science Pro, it’s our mission to help our GLO partner practices deliver the utmost quality care to enhance the patient experience while providing incredible, life-changing results. The products and companies you align your business with matter and will ultimately impact the success of your business.
If you’re ready to grow your business, we’d love to help! Visit glosciencepro.com for more information.