5 WAYS TO GET MORE FROM COSMETIC DENTISTRY
Cosmetic dentistry is on the rise, with professional teeth whitening included on virtually every list of 2019 dental trends. Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of dental hygiene, and practices must make necessary marketing and technology upgrades to appeal to both new and existing patients. With whitening and other cosmetic procedures trending in offices nationwide, dentists are looking for ways to get the most out of their investment in these new procedures.
So where to begin? Unfortunately, simply offering whitening services with a pamphlet or brochure isn’t enough to build business. But learning how to communicate with patients and build excitement about whitening will increase the number of patients signing up for professional teeth whitening.
To help maximize your time and make the process as seamless as possible, we’ve created an outline which we provide to all new GLO practices, detailing how to successfully build a whitening program for your office.
- Train and Incentivize Your Staff - Proper training and worthwhile incentive plans play a pivotal role in the expansion and success of adding cosmetic dentistry to your practice. Your staff is your best asset; building their knowledge and excitement will benefit you and help increase profits.
- Market in Your Practice and Online - Modern dental practices require continuous marketing through various platforms. This is not to say you should disregard traditional techniques such as direct mailing, however by incorporating online tools to promote cosmetic dentistry, you’ll be opening the digital door to gain new patients, as well as engaging with both current and inactive ones.
- Designate a Whitening Ambassador in Your Practice -It’s important to appoint someone on your team to generate enthusiasm and remind everyone about the importance of whitening. This person should be well-versed in GLO products and terminology so that they can train other staff members in ways to effectively explain and sell GLO products.
- Engage Patients with Motivational Shade Taking - Let’s face it- suggesting teeth whitening to a patient isn’t the most comfortable conversation. This is where our Motivational Shade Taking Program comes in. It’s an effective, non-confrontational way to raise awareness with patients about their current shade, and the potential GLO products can help them achieve.
- Share Pictures of Stunning Smile Transformations - A bright, white smile on a satisfied customer is your best marketing asset. Ask patients if you can take before and after photos of their smiles to use for social media and marketing purposes. These side by side comparison photos show the true value of whitening and other procedures, so be sure to post them wherever you can.
Now is the time to integrate whitening into your practice, since GLO is quickly evolving as the whitening product of the future. Dr. Kent Tuttle of Phoenix, AZ says, “When it comes to professional teeth whitening, both dentists and patients have been in need of a system that’s all things: fast, affordable, painless and effective. GLO Science Professional delivers all of these things in one eye-catching package. It’s what we’ve been waiting for.”