Let’s face it- choosing a dental practice today is not the same it used to be. With over 200,000 dentists practicing in the U.S., competition is fierce. So how do you separate yourself from the pack?
Patients are looking for a multi-faceted approach, and have a wealth of information at their fingertips. By examining your best practices on a regular basis, you can continue improving and adapting to current trends and changing needs.
Let’s take a look at some of the key factors patients want from their dental practice:
- Friendly Staff-You only get one chance to make a great first impression, and your front desk is the initial point of contact. Their interactions with patients will set the tone for the entire visit, so observe how they communicate. If there’s room for improvement, offer professional training and opportunities for continued education. Patients love a happy, smiling office. Lead by example and encourage your staff to do the same.
- Good Bedside Manner-Let’s face it- most people don’t look forward to dental visits, but knowing their doctor is friendly, relatable, and engaging can help make things easier. Earn their trust and you’ll create lasting relationships and build patient retention. Not only will they thank you, but they’ll actually look forward to future appointments.
- Being On-Time-Some things are out of your control, but patients who encounter consistently late appointments are likely to seek out new dental practices. Time is valuable for both you and those you treat- try keeping wait times down as best you can. (GLO whitening can help by reducing chair time for professional whitening services, therefore increasing productivity.)
- Positive Reviews-92% of consumers read reviews when searching online and admit to trusting these as much as feedback from a friend or family member. Encourage satisfied customers to leave feedback. Better yet? Tag us in GLO patient testimonials so we can share your practice with our large network of followers.
- Convenient Hours- Your hours of operation matter and dentist-centric scheduling can hurt your practice. Peak demand times are early morning and late afternoon, but select evening and weekend options are a huge bonus for busy people. Keep those hours flexible.
- Social Media Presence-It’s no secret we live in a digital world. Prospective patients utilize Google as a means of researching doctors, so make sure your presence is known. Include pictures of your dental team, office space, and satisfied patients on your website and social media platforms. Share GLO posts directly to your Facebook and Instagram pages so followers can see our newest products and GLOing results.
- Credibility-Prospective patients want industry leaders offering the latest technology in state-of-the-art facilities. When it comes to professional whitening, you can be confident that GLO checks off all of these boxes. We’re the only teeth whitening technology combining gentle warming heat and safe LED light in a closed system mouthpiece, all with little to no sensitivity for a comfortable patient experience with great results.
In today’s dental market, there’s no “one size fits all” for patients. By incorporating some (or all) of these strategies, you’re sure to see a rise in patient satisfaction and retention, plus a busier office all around.